Nail Clinic: Staph Meeting

No one in the salon industry will likely forget the case of Kimberly Jackson. In 2006, this Fort Worth, Texas-based woman allegedly contracted Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) during a pedicure at a local salon—and later suffered a fatal heart attack due to the disease. Though most nail technicians are careful to properly disinfect their equipment and implements, the media pounced on this tragic exception and quickly sent salon-goers across the country into a state of panic. Nail techs, too, were in shock and had their own questions about how this could happen.

Read More at Nail Pro.

Scroll to Top